Online lessons are fun, convenient and easy. You never have to miss a lesson. All you need to get started are a high-speed broadband internet connection, a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone, and a pair of headphones or earbuds. With the high-quality camera and microphone built into newer devices audio quality and video resolution are excellent, so that teacher and student feel almost as if they are in the same room. Skype and FaceTime software are free.
In the two years I have been teaching exclusively online, I can count the number of sessions that have been abandoned due to connection problems on one hand. I have taught people in Indonesia, Hong Kong, England, Ireland, Poland and Mexico in addition to the US and Canada. Anywhere on the planet with a good broadband connection appears to be fine.
There are many advantages to singing lessons online:
- Your lessons can be taken from anywhere, even a hotel room while you’re travelling.
- Easy to fit around your busy performing or work schedule.
- If at home, you can work in your usual practice environment.
- Zero travel time! You need no longer worry about traffic or bad weather.
- Warm up immediately before the lesson; practise new ideas immediately afterward.
- No chance of catching a cold from other students in the winter months.
I accept incoming students from beginner to professional level, and in classical, jazz, music theatre and pop styles. I prefer to teach adults. Singers can be prepared for professional or amateur auditions, and for Royal Conservatory examinations.